Saturday, February 28, 2009

Creating a 'Love Letter' and Summarizing this Past Week

Writing a Love Letter in Music can either be to write a song, a music piece or take others work and assemble into your emotional path, through a playlist. I am not a singer, nor a songwriter and definitely not a musicians, but I do love music and one of biggest passions is to create and assemble playlists. It goes all the way from what I call a 'Love Letter' to a 'Syntax List'. It's very often done when I am preparing for a party and assembling a part playlist is normally easier than a 'Love Letter'.

A 'Love Letter' is important, every word must go right, they must follow your interpretation of the girl you're assembling the list to. Since you're borrowing someone else's words, you need to borrow them carefully because situations might be almost like something and the tune of the song might be just brilliant. Lately I have fallen in love with John Mayer's cover of Tom Petty's 'Free Fallin' ' and but to put that in a love letter would ruin the list. Example: 'I'm a bad boy, because I don't even miss her. I'm a bad boy for breaking her heart.' wouldn't fit very good into a playlist for a couple who are about to seperate in six months on a long distance relationship.
My Beloved iTunes Library and my 'Love Letter'.

Today I'm going to share my latest 'Love Letter' to my girlfriend just to do an example of the importance of putting together a brilliant play list through my point of view. First thing you have to go into the heart of what's important, what music does she like and what's the main message of the song, in words. I choose to open my 'Letter' with The Derek Trucks Band's 'Our Love' from 'Already Free'. It reflects the power of love even in distance. Second I choose something to reflect the personality, like my girl is stubborn yet wonderful so 'A Beautiful Mess' by Jason Mraz is a brilliant example of that. You keep on to aim all those personal issues and good events that has occured to you as a couple to increase the feeling of love.
Plain White T's 'One Hit Wonder', 'Hey There Delilah'.

Like all couples, my girlfriend and I have personal songs. Songs that you collect and bond to. Don't ever use the same songs all the time, it's like releasing 'The Greatest Hits' which is cool, once a year maybe twice but definitely not more, a 'Greatest Hits Vol. 12' is not very romantic. It's awfully lazy. In this list I use our seperation song 'Hey There Delilah' by Plain White T's. It's a terribly cheesy song, but it has personal values and that defeats the quality of the song as a 'One Hit Wonder' which it was.

One of the perfect examples of a 'Playlist-Of-Importance' - movie is 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist' that hold upon the power of music in relationships and how it makes us attach even more which is really a great addition to a successful or sometimes rough relationship and to sum up this week. Finding DTB's 'Already Free' and Loney Dear's 'Dear John' has really been quite a love journey, that's why I found it a pleasant occasion. Next week it's all about those three bastards processed over night in my last post.

Happy Saturday and Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment